I have been coming up with my list of things I want to do before I turn 30. There’s so much I wnat to try and do and I have about 4 and a half years to complete this list. I don’t think I will end up doing everything on it though.
1. Buy a house. This one will depend on how much money we can save over the next few years, but I think it’s one that won’t happen unfortunately.
2. Start my degree. This used to be finish my degree, but I’m doing it with the open uni and it doesn’t start until october. Doing it the way i will be (part time) it will take 6 years to do. I don’t mind though, as long as i have started it haha.
3. Go to Disneyland Paris and Florida. Paris is definitely happening this year! I am so excited to take the kids. I think they are going to love it. Florida may have to wait, as i want the kids to be old enough to enjoy it properly.
4. Be debt free. This doesn’t include my uni debt, as that will be quite a lot to get rid of and I won’t have finished by the time I’m 30. Our other little bits can be done and got rid.
5. Read 5 classic books. I’m not sure what counts as a classic these days but I will find a list haha.
6. Write a book. Obviously I will be busy with working, the kids and my uni but I just want to see how far I can get into writing one.
7. Learn yoga. I’ve wanted to try yoga for years and have decided this year will be the year I start.
8. See the Northern lights. Whether we will get round to this, I don’t know.
9. Have an organised home. Our house is not organised at all and I’m making it my mission to sort it. It might take me a while as we have a lot of stuff.
10. Go to the West End and see a show. Any show, I don’t mind.
11. Re-read Harry Potter. I haven’t read them in a while and want to do it again. I’m hoping to start this year, but there are so many other books I want to read first.
12. Get more tattoos. I have a fair few already, however, I have a Pinterest board full of ideas haha.
13. Loose my baby weight. I’ve started doing this this month, but as my muscles separated in pregnancy, I know have to find different exercises to what I have been doing. I might do a whole other post/video about this.
14. Learn another language. I really want to learn French for some reason.
15. Learn photography. I want to take better quality photos for my blog and just in general. I have just invested in a better camera and I’m going to learn how to use it properly.
16. Host a dinner party. I’ve never done it before and would love to try and cook a decent 3 course meal.
17. Get cats. I’ve always been a dog person, but this year I seem to have an obsession with cats.
18. Run a 5k marathon.
19. Run a 10k marathon. I’ve already decided that this one (along with 18) probably won’t happen. I’m not a runner at all, but think it’s a good motivational goal to have.
20. Revamp some furniture. I have a few pieces I want to paint and make look new. It’s on my plan for the summer.
21. Print all my photos. I have a lot, going back to when Dominic was a baby, that I haven’t printed. Technology tends to fail me, so I want a backup of all my photos.
22. Go to the natural history museum. This is one for Dominic too. I think he will really love it there.
23. Start a better morning routine. My routine in the morning is awful. I don’t actually have one haha. I just get up, get ready and go. No breakfast or skincare, which is terrible.
24. See Harry Styles in concert. Or any of 1D to be honest, I don’t mind at all haha. I know he’s touring now and I really wanted to go, but never got any tickets. Hopefully next time.
25. Complete a 30 day challenge. I started this a couple of months ago, with a fitness challenge. However, due to realising my stomach muscles haven’t gone back together, I’ve had to stop. I might edit it a bit and try again, or attempt a different type of challenge.
26. Take a photo everyday for a year. I take a lot of photos anyway, but want to take more that represent my day. I might do this challenge next year and turn it into blog posts.
27. Give blood. I’ve never done it before and would love to help in anyway I can.
28. Try new recipes. Food and I have a funny relationship. I’m quite fussy, so tend to stick to the same things. It’s getting a bit boring haha.
29. Write a letter to the kids. Not sure how I’m going to do this one yet but, it’s in the planning stages haha.
30. Enjoy life and have fun. This is a cheesy one but a good one to have. I find that I stress and overthink everything. It tends to hinder my everyday life, so I’m making a decision to not care and if I’m happy and my family is happy, that’s all that matters.