Reading has always been a passion of mine. I love getting lost in the different worlds that aren’t my own. It’s nice to settle down at the end of a stressful day, lose yourself in a story and not have to think or worry about life. So, today, I decided to compile a list of 15 books I want to read by the end of the year. I will probably end up reading a lot more than this, but these are the ones I definitely want to get to.
1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I am currently reading this and I’m about halfway through. I must admit, I’m finding it tough. It’s a really good book though and the storyline is amazing. I think the fact it’s a big book and I’m reading it slower is what’s making it tough haha.
2. Eve of Man by Tom and Giovanna Fletcher. As soon as I heard they were writing this book, I knew I had to read it. I love the Fletchers and have read all of Giovanna’s other books. The kids love Tom’s books. (There’s a monster in my book being Lily’s current favourite and go to). Eve of Man is currently not out yet, but I’ve pre-ordered it and can’t wait to get my hands on it.
3. Legendary by Stephanie Garber. Another book that’s not out at the time of writing this post. I recently read Caraval and loved it so much. The storyline was amazing and I got completely lost in the world. When I heard there was a second one coming out, into the basket for pre-order it went.
4. Never Greener by Ruth Jones. A book by another person I love. Ruth Jones has been in a couple of my favourite TV shows. I was so excited to hear she had written a book. This was, again, another pre-order I had to have. I also got a signed edition! I can’t wait to get to this book.
5. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake. I’ve had this one on my shelf for a while and heard good things about it. I think this one will be a great read for getting out of my head and into a different world. A good “lose yourself” book.
6. Alice by Christina Henry. I really like the idea of this book. A different take on the classic Alice story we know and love. I’ve only recently read Alice in Wonderland, so I’m interested to read about different aspects and points of view.
7. Some Kind of Wonderful by Giovanna Fletcher. This is the only book of Giovanna’s I haven’t got round to yet. I was going to start it as soon as I got it but I had read a lot of romance and needed a break from it. I can’t wait to read it and it will probably be the one I read after The Book Thief.
8. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas. I’m really behind on reading these, it seems like everyone I watch on booktube has read it already. I read the first one last month and loved it. Another world to get totally lost in. I’m excited to continue this series and will probably end up reading all of them by the end of the year.
9. A Skinful of Shadows by Frances Hardinge. To be honest, I bought this one because of the cover. I mean, look at it. It’s beautiful. It’s been on my shelf for a while though so I think it’s time I read it.
10. Harry Potter by JK Rowling. I want to start a massive reread of all these books. I don’t know how many I will get to this year, but I want to start it. These books were what got me into reading in the first place. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love Harry Potter. I have a tattoo and a couple more Harry Potter related ones planned. It’s definitely been a major part of my life and a reread is in order.
The next five books I currently don’t own. We are going shopping next week, so I may end up picking a few of them up haha.
11. Emergency Contact by Mary H K Choi. This is another book that has been raved about on booktube. I’m intrigued to see whats it’s like and make my own opininons on it.
12. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi. Again, I heard about this one on booktube and want to see what it’s like. It just seems differnt to anything I’ve read before.
13. The Fandom by Anna Day. This one sounds like it’s right up my alley. It’s a fantasy, based around being in a fandom and they kind of get trapped inside the world they love so much. I think it will be a really good boOk to read after a stressful day.
14. To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo. This is a Little Mermaid retelling and I’m all about retellings. I like to read books with a different point of view. I can’t wait to “dive” into this one. (Pun intended haha).
15. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I have never read this book and I feel like that’s a sin haha. It’s one of them books you tend to read at school but, as I did media studies instead of literature, I never got the chance. So, I’ve decided now is the time to read it.
I have loads more books I want to read and proabably loads coming out this year too. I’m hoping to read more than just these 15 but, these are the main ones to get to. I may post my thoughts and opinions on some of them, so look out for that.
What books do you want to read? Do you have any suggestions for me? Let me know in the comments!